Corn, Swiss Chard and Ricotta Galette
A savory tart that easily becomes a meal when served with simple green salad.
Recipe type: Entree
Serves: One 9½ inch galette
- 1 Recipe Galette Dough (can be found in the bread/dough tab on Palatable Life home page)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- 6 cups lightly packed swiss chard, chopped
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (cut from 3-4 medium ears)
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 fresh red chili (like Fresno), seeded and finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 large egg, divided
- 9 ounces fresh ricotta
- ½ cup parmigiano-reggiano, coarsely grated
- Flaky sea salt
- Remove dough from the refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Heat the oil in a 12 inch skillet. Over a medium heat, add the onion and cook for about 3 minutes until soft. Add the chard and continue cooking for 3-4 minutes, until the chard is wilted. Remove the skillet from the heat, add the corn, garlic, chili, ½ teaspoon of salt and pepper. Stir in the 1 Tablespoon of thyme.
- In a bowl, add the ricotta, the egg yolk, parmigiano-reggiano and remaining thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Reserve ¼ cup of the cheese mixture.
- Stir the remaining cheese mixture into the corn mixture.
- Roll out the dough into one 14 inch round.
- Place round onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Leaving a 2 inch border add the corn mixture to the pastry.
- Fold the edges of the pastry dough over the filling.
- Brush the edge of the galette with the egg white.
- Dollop the top of the galette with the reserved cheese mixture.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until crust is golden brown.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and season with sea salt.
- Let galette cool for 10-15 minutes before cutting.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.