Grilled Dessert Pizza
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 4 6 inch pizzas
- One batch Irene's Pizza Dough (recipe in the Bread/Dough tab on the home page)
- Olive oil
- Cinnamon and Sugar Mix
- Topping Options:
- Thinly sliced peaches, honey, and basil.( This has become a personal favorite! It tastes like a very fresh peach pie!)
- Quartered figs, aged balsamic, and crumbled feta
- Mini marshmallows, dark chocolate, and dried cherries.
- Whatever you have in your fridge, garden or cupboards that you like and want to throw on crust!
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar to your liking! Start with a cup of ground sugar and add 3 tablespoons cinnamon. Mix, taste, and add more cinnamon if desired.
- Make Irene's Pizza Dough according to recipe
- Ensure your toppings are ready
- Prepare Grill
- Shape dough into small rounds (or whatever shape they take) roll until rather thin, about ¼ inch in thickness.
- Brush both sides with olive oil.
- Place on a medium temp grill, not above direct heat.
- Cover grill for 1-2 minutes, when the dough has nice marks and holds its shape, flip.
- Top the “marked side” with 1-2 Tablespoon of butter, evenly sprinkle on 2-3 Tablespoons of cinnamon and sugar mix.
- Add more butter or sugar mix if desired then cover and grill until golden on bottom and crust is cooked.
- Enjoy hot off the grill! They are also good the next morning with coffee….
Very important that once you start the grilling process, you're toppings need to be ready to add!